"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Saturday, June 27, 2015

Time to Get Crackin'!

Time to get those creative juices flowing -
it's been way too long!
Life will do that to us, won't it?

Here's a new idea for your children's 
old artwork.  Mary drew this cat when she
was only 4 1/2 years old back in 2007.  I always wanted
to do something with it, but was afraid of messing
up her original.  Now that I have a scanner, I could
keep the original and still play with it. 

BEFORE......




AFTER!
Using copic ink markers, water color pencils,
and paint, this is what I came up with.
It was such a relaxing project and the
best part is that we now have a
connection through art.


This cute little monkey was created by Mary when she was 
5 years old.  Her monkeys were always my favorite!
He now sits in the forest eating
his little banana!


Since getting a job this year, I had
very little time for creating, but I was
able to sneak in some carvings.

My first attempt at a Celtic Cross.


And another.  I'm teaching myself
to work with knots and spirals. 
 My first wooden spoon!
 One of the hardest projects was carving
a triquestra, which represents the
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Nic's holding it for me to give you an idea
of how big it was. 
Boy, looks like I've been busier than I 
thought!  I missed blogging and connecting
with other creative people so much. 
I hope to continue on and catch up 
with all your scrimptiousness!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jill! welcome back! I havent been blogging as much as I used too, but I'm still here. It has gotten much quieter out here. But theres a lot of us still here. now.. dont be a stranger.. be sure to come back soon. I love what you did with your daughters pictures. they are really cool!
    and of course your wood carvings are always awesome.
    have a great sunday
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I love what you did with your daughter's artwork. Your talents never cease to amaze. Your wood carvings are just brilliant. It's hard balancing work, family and creative time. I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY so glad you popped in!! Where are you working? AND I am digging that artwork!! Take care!! Miss ya!! XOXO Love Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now just see all the fun I've missed out on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If You decide to make more of those different celtic crosses, I know I will want one or even a trinity knot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you utilized your daughter's drawings! I'm sure she loves your renditions.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!