"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Saturday, October 18, 2014

Teaching the Young

I'm not a good teacher.  I'm not gifted in
that area.  I get frustrated and lose patience.
But, something happens when I'm asked to
teach something I love - suddenly, I've got the 
patience of a saint.
 My neighbor, Kyle, was over a few weeks
ago and saw some of my wood
carvings.  To my surprise, he asked
if I could teach him how. 
 For 2 hours he whittled away.
 He chose to carve a knife. 
I would have preferred a snowman
or maybe something for Halloween.
I sometimes forget the way boys think!
 Once finished, he sanded it and 
finished it off with paint.
 And he was so proud of himself!
But I think I was even
prouder of him! 

4 comments:

  1. That is fantastic ! He will most likely remember that day Years to come.I even want to learn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow now that is just priceless, that young boy will have that in his memories for a lifetime... you have an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! turned out great! I think its awesome that you taught him and that you let him make what he wanted to make.. Now lets just hope he doesnt take it to school! lol!
    have a great week my friend
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have earned a new Saint title. What a wonderful experience you have shared with him.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!