"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Thursday, October 9, 2014

Pink Thrift Store Finds

It's been a bad week.  Just a bad week.
So it was not hard talking Ted into taking
a day off from work to go to a teacher meeting
with me and then spend the day together. 
After the meeting we went out for
breakfast and then spent the morning
thrifting.  (I'm so easy to please!) 
Here are some of the finds:
 Loving this pink trash can!
Doesn't it look like a locker?
This is going into Mary's room.
 I also spotted this very pink
Christmas tree.  Oreo's already
chewing on the branches.
 Some very talented Etsy artists use these
 miniature tins to create some 
gorgeous ornaments
and wall hangings.  I may have
to try it out myself.
 Miniature angels - only about 2 inches
high, except for the old Fontanini in the back.
 All playing musical instruments. 
 An ornament and this Nativity stamped
Italy on the back.
 Old Fontanini angel. 
 Probably my favorite - a chippy
chalkware angel, most likely
from Germany.
So glad we took advantage
of the gorgeous day since it looks
like it's about to downpour.
It's extremely rare Ted and I ever
spend any time alone together.
This was definitely a 'God-ordained"
day we both needed.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like it was a much needed day of togetherness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings come in all shapes and forms!! So glad you guys decided to embrace the day even after your teacher appt. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers I can tell you need it!! Sending you a great big hug from way up here in Michigan!! XOXO Love ya Aunt Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great haul. I wish I could take you Goodwill Hunting with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope by now You all are having a better week.Quiet peaceful days out with Our Husbands some times is all We need,Looking forward to seeing what You do with some of Your goodies.Take care-until I talk to You again.I did think of You after I wrote My last post, I thought " I know Jill would agree with Me." check it out and see if I'm right :)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!