"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Monday, October 6, 2014

My hands have been busy
carving the past few weeks.
 Aunt Candy called & told me to send her some
carvings.   There's an old school house where
she lives converted into an antique shop
and she's renting a few shelves.
Knowing how long one carving can take
I decided to send her antique wooden
spools carved into Santa faces.
 A couple little guys to add to
the mix.  The one on the left holds a 
huge chocolate chip cookie.  The one on 
the right has a cookie in one hand and
candle stick in the other. 
 And both forgot to close the
trap door!
Here's a 7 inch Santa wrapped in a 
country Christmas quilt.  These are one
of my favorite things to carve because
it's just as fun to paint the quilt.
He's listed on Etsy for now.
Here's another Santa in a quilt.  
He's holding a Naughty or Nice
List that can be personalized with
all the names of your family 
and friends.  
Having it wrap around his
body allows for lots more names.
He'll either go on Etsy or Ebay.
I like the idea of having 
a personalized carving.  I may 
need to make some more!
Well, I WAS keeping the carvings in
this cardboard box until Oreo decided
to claim it as his own. 
That's ok.  After 13 years of having Blue
at his feet, I think Ted enjoyed the company.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE my Jill carving and I keep her in my hutch with my special things!! Your spools are so adorable!! Prayin they sell for you. Keepin in my thoughts and prayers niece!! Keep on Keepin on!! LOVE YA Aunt Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those "open" trap doors are the perfect little touch. I'm sure you will sell everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your new carvings!!! I know they will all sell.....you are so talented!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm blown away by your carvings! Such Talent! I hope you're charging accordingly. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!