"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Luck Be a Lady Today!

It's been a long time since I've had a good
thrift store run.  Today, Lady Luck
was on my side!
 The first place the kids and I visited was
what we always call, "The Barn." 
Here I found this old-fashioned Playskool
Time Teacher.  To my Etsy shop it
will go!
 Two Archie and a Richie Rich comic
all for only $1.50 each.
In case I decide to dye some more
bottle brush Christmas trees.
I blame my mom for my glitter
appreciation.  While I always liked earthy
country colors, she always preferred, "sparklies."
One day, I made something sparkly for
her and a new love was born.  Finding these
old glitter bottles brings back memories. 
 On the way home we stopped at Impact Thrift. 
Although I usually leave this shop disappointed,
that's not what happened today.  Immediately,
I spotted a long table filled with Christmas
decorations - and everything was half off!
This old tree topper is for a pint-sized tree.
Not sure if this is vintage.  
 MAJOR FIND!  A baggie of old
celluloid reindeer!! 
 Labeled 95 cents!  Half off too!
This itself was worth the trip!
And check out this vintage Nativity set.
These are all marked Germany on the back
and sold for 79 cents each - again, half off!
 Another grab bag.  Selling for $2.50, I got it
for $1.25.  Wasn't sure exactly what was in it
until I opened it to take pictures.
 A cute grouping of angels and for some
reason a rattle.
Made in Japan.  Only about 1 inch tall.
These are little bells.
 
 These are tiny too, maybe 1 1/2 inches. 
They seem to be made of celluloid.
 
This is my favorite!
There's one more holding bunnies,
but looks like the picture didn't
go through.   Fun finds!


5 comments:

  1. Those celluloid reindeer are amazing. I'm always on the hunt for that style because they remind me of my grandmother's. I'm loving those angel bells too. You did very good. What a fun day of thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun treasures! Every now and then there are really good finds.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there neice!! How have you been? I truly have been thinking of you!! We just got back from a Civil War Re-enactment and Vintage trailers and boats show in the thumb of Mich. Found an Amish community that was so magical and bought some of their goodies!! ILOVE YOUR TREASURES!! Take care XOXO Love Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reindeer are wonderful and you can never have too much old glitter to craft with.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some fun vintage items! I love finding holiday things and I have a couple of those little plasticy figurines in your last photo. I have the two you've shown last. I wish I could find the others. Now that I know what they look like, I'll be on the look out for them! I'm visiting from Kim's....I saw your comment above mine. We like a lot of the same things! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!