"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Friday, July 11, 2014

Visiting Byers Choice Christmas Museum

Let's celebrate Christmas in July by taking a
trip to the Byers Choice Christmas Museum
in Chalfont, PA.
When you go in, you're greeted with
an old town of England scene.
In this theatre, you can sit and watch
how Byers Choice figurines started.
 It's a great place for photo-ops and
it's NEVER crowded.
 You can look inside the windows
to gorgeous Christmas scenes.
 And, of course, you'll see tons
and tons of the figurines captured in
different miniatures villages.


 One room even had some Halloween!


 This is the Observation Deck where you can
look down and see the artists creating
the figurines.  Looks like we caught them
on a lunch break!
 In some areas, there are scenes behind glass.
This one represents Russia.
 Scandinavian Christmas.
 Ireland
 Holland
 Mexico
 Merry old England
 Sweden
 Germany - my favorite!
Another rooms houses huge scenes of
smaller figurines - I think they're elves.
 The room with all the little elves helping
Mrs. Claus bake was my favorite.

 Another room houses walls of
Nativities from around the world on
both sides. 

 Little guys were popping out everywhere!
This fella was on a pole.



What's inside? 
 You also have professional portraits
taken here.  They have early century
costumes to dress in and you pose
on the main avenue.
 And it ends with the gift store.
They're open most days and it's a free day
trip.  My kids are feeling a little old for it now,
but it still made a hot July day feel cooooool!

4 comments:

  1. I must make the trip to visit. My husband and I love PA.
    Have a great weekend!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my kind of place!!! Just look at all those glorious miniature scenes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill I'm so glad I didn't miss this post.I have a few of them (from qvc) maybe I'll have to order one more after seeing this museum.Thank You for stopping by to visit Me-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I collected Byers Choice dolls for years and bought a new one every Christmas.
    I am downsizing my collections now and going to sell them in my etsy shop.
    My daughter took Mr & Mrs Santa in the red white and blue clothing

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!