"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Breathing New Life Into Old Dolls

As much as it pained me to have to
cut her dress away from her body,
it's not about the dress - it's about the
creative process.  And it would have
pained me more to not work with my hands.
Besides, I think she likes her new look!
 She carries a Victorian cone, also known
as a "tussie-mussie", filled with
4th of July goodies.
 And my girls keep growing.
Found this old Avon after-shave
bottle yesterday.  Doesn't it make
make for a unique display piece?
 Hmmm...this picture reminds me
of my relationship with my friend, Beth.
She's always been what I call my "Cosmo
Girl" while I'm the Plain Jane who loves
to hear all her stories of travel and adventure!
 I attached a sign for the one
doll to hold that reads, "Glorious
Freedom."  I ripped the words
out of a 100-year-old hymnal.
The old Civil War photo in the background
is one of Ted's great-uncles.
I think the pictures pulls this vignette all together.
*WHEW*!  After dressing all those dolls it
inspires me to take a good hard look at my
own wardrobe!

5 comments:

  1. Very cool civil war photo!! Your USA vignette is perfect!
    Happy 4th!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your newest patiotic gal! Great collection if friends!
    Xoxo
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't your gals festive!!! All set for a parade. Happy 4th!! Keep on playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Bucks County Folk Art" has been included in the second edition of our Thinking of Christmas Gifts in July 2014. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new customers in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/07/thinking-of-christmas-gifts-in-july-2014_4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am absolutely crazy about your transformation of these dolls! They're so beautiful, and of all the patriotic decorations I've seen in blogland, that shot of them all together is by far my favorite! I tried a makeover of one of these dolls once, for Valentine's Day, and it didn't go well at all.......... ;0)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!