"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Friday, June 20, 2014

Patriotic Tree

OK.  I might be getting a little out of
control, but when the creative spirit
comes calling, who am I to ignore it?
This 3-footer is decked out in both
old and new decorations.
 The ornaments are from the 1970s.
The paper ornaments are from
the Party Store.
 Red wooden berries came from Mom and there
are even red glittered hearts from the Dollar Store
that I used for Valentine's Day decorating.
The silver garland is also vintage.
 The tree topper is a pinwheel surrounded
by a tuft of red, white, and blue garland.
I wonder if I'm done?!
In any case, this white tree can also
be decorated for Valentine's, Christmas,
Winter (snowmen), St. Patrick's Day, even
Easter.  A little goes a long way! 

6 comments:

  1. It looks so festive and fun! Reminds me that I need to get on the 4th of July decorating now!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm loving the patriotic tree! Heck, we keep our sunroom tree up all year for seasonal decorating. PS. Your package should be there Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! Oh my gosh! This really made me smile. You're so creative. OK...I'm now following you. Could have sworn I already was. I'm so sorry about that!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nah, your not out of control at all! you just suffer from hyperdecoraphilia! thats the term my cousin Paul came up with for our decorating habits! lol! I use the little umbrellas in my tree too, which Ive not taken pics of yet this year. the lighting in my house is poor, so its hard to get pics of everything!.
    maybe I'll snap a pic later.
    have a great sunday Jill !
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jill LOVE it!! So So glad to see your mojo back!! Keep em comin you know I love to see pics!! XOXO Love ya Aunt Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful job decorating that tree for the holiday, and your mantle is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!