"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Shadow Box Redo

The three-day weekend beckoned me
to create.  And this shadow box
kept calling my name.
 Shabby chic kept coming to mind.
 
I dry-brushed on a few different
shades of pink to offset the white.
Remember Steel Magnolias?
"My col-ors are blush and bashful, mama!
I like pink.  Pink is my sig-na-ture col-or."
 Instead of paper, I decoupaged
the background with the most
gorgeous fabric I've had stashed
for years because I didn't want
to part with it!   The top is pink
and white toile.
 
I'm now debating whether to decorate it
myself or put it in my Etsy Shop as a
ready-to-go shadow box!
 


3 comments:

  1. The fabric is the perfect touch! Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KEEP IT for you. You deserve something special!! You are always taking care of others!! Put some of your very special smalls in it. Smile every time you look at it and know you are cool n special! And I love ya!!! XOXO Aunt Franie

    ReplyDelete
  3. PERFECT ! Love the colors-

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!