"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Monday, May 26, 2014

Newest Restoration Project

This old chalkware
statue of St. Patrick has been
waiting to be restored for at least
two years now.  It's finally done.
I
 I followed the main color palette,
but added in some extras of my own.
 And I'm happy with the results.
 It was tiring.  Every time I thought I'd
stop, I'd find myself saying, "Let me just
do this one more little piece."
 There's a hole hidden in the right arm
for where a staff used to be.  I've got to
find something....a bent piece of metal
or even a long branch will do.
 Hope you're enjoying this
gorgeous Memorial Day
and remember.....
Hate War -
Love Our Soldiers!

2 comments:

  1. Your work is breathtaking. All those teeny tiny painting details. The color is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is what I'm "talken" about :) Love it !

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!