"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Latest Thrift Store Finds

Found some fun finds this
past weekend!
Remember these old hard
plastic dolls?
I remember my Mom using the
half-bodies to make doll
cakes.  She'd put the doll in the middle
of a dome-shaped cake so it looked
like a dress.  Then used cake
decorating to cover the top.
 In the craft section of the thrift
store I also found a big bag of
the old wooden doll pins.  
 A few have feet and faces already
painted in. 
 This instruction booklet opens up
like a map revealing directions
for different people to make.
 One bin was full of these gorgeous
upholstery samplers.  They're
about 18x12.5"  This one is black
and mustard.  I don't which
side I like best the front....
or back. 
 With the brass rings already
inserted, wouldn't these be
great for creating fabric
wall collages? 
 And another version of the
black-mustard.
Mustard reminds me of colonial
times.
 And speaking of colonial times... 
 This could be hung up just
how it is.  It'd fit right in an
old home.  Scrumpsh.
 This was a special find -
a vintage miniature Fontanini
Nativity set.  The people are only
an inch or two tall!  And it just
so happens I have a miniature stable
stashed away.  I'll have to see if they
go together. 
.Simple women with simple tastes!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day in thrifty land! Some of my favorite birthday cakes were the doll cakes. My mom was a whiz at making those cakes. I didn't inherit that skill. Have fun creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great score! I always wanted one of those doll cakes when I was little but never had one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More fun :) I'll be waiting to see what You do with all of it ; ) Oh boy ---the manger scene.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!