"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Sunday, May 18, 2014

I think I'll go for a walk outside now......

.....The summer sun's callin' my name.
I hear ya now,
I just can't stay inside all day.
I gotta get out get me some of those ra-ay-ays!
And that's just what we did.
Up and early we drove to an antiquing
hot spot in Lambertville, NJ called,
The Golden Nugget.
Came home with just a few old
Christmas decorations.
 I was going to pack him away, but he
makes me smile.  So he's sitting in
my art room instead.
 Funny, it's not until I use the
camera zoom that I notice how
beat up some of these are!
 1950s glitter bird.   I wonder
if I can make these?
 Nicolai asked if he could get this
old snowman.
 Still has all the old graphics.
 This little clown is only as tall
as my pointy finger.  I love miniatures
no matter how beat up they are!
 Any ideas what can be done with
these old lanterns?
 This pretty pink angel still lights up.
 I love our Christmas tree, but the top
branch always bends over when I try to add
a tree topper.  I'm hoping this is small
and light enough to work.
 It was such a gorgeous day we drove
down a special road. 
 We just felt like taking pictures of
the old covered bridge.
 It's been here since 1875.
 All that's missing is Clint Eastwood and
Meryl Streep.  Ah, forget Meryl and
just bring me Clint!
 Have you ever been under a wooden
bridge when a car drives over you?
Scary!  Kids, let's go!
Sometimes it's the simple
things that make an
ordinary day extraordinary.
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Vintage Christmas is fabulous anytime of the year. That tiny angel tree topper is so sweet. That covered bridge made a wonderful photoshoot opportunity. Although my university schedule is year-round, I'm right with you and ready to say goodbye to the girl's homework, early morning alarms and school lunches. Come on SUMMER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it and you!! Been missin ya!!! XOXO unt Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fun You have as a family.You are so blessed .

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!