"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Sunday, April 27, 2014

Thrift Store Grab-Bag!

Such sa-weeet surprises in a thrift store
grab-bag!
 After donating a few bags I
browsed the store to see if anyone donated
old religious statues, which I like to restore. 
No luck there, but I found a gallon-sized
zip-lock bag filled with vintage Christmas ornaments.
 I didn't bother to really look inside.   I saw one of these girls
and that was all I needed!  The FUN part was going home to
see the surprises inside!  
WOW!  Five of these girls! 
I've never see these before.  Does anyone know
anything about them?
 But wait!  There's more!   Miniature
homes that still have their Japan stickers
on the bottom. 
 I didn't know these were
made so small. 
 Two have trees attached.
 And the bag was stuffed with
these old wooden ornaments.
 Funny, I see these types of ornaments
pretty often, but they don't usually
catch my eye.
 But these were pretty unique. 
I've never seen a baseball and
football player.
 Extra-large too.  The kinds
I see are usually half the size.
 Since they were all in the same
bag, I'm guessing they were
probably donated by the same person.
 The plane is my favorite!
 Grab-bags are like a box
of choc-o-lates....
You know the rest!

6 comments:

  1. Squeal! Vintage Christmas. Those Japanese miniature houses are so hard to come by! Score!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my malanta its like this bag was put together just for you!! MISS YOU!!! Been keepin busy!! Thanks for sharing this!! LOVE it!!! XOXO Love ya Aunt Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun isn't it? I always feel like I'm on an adventure when I go thrifting.A real treasure hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You hit the jackpot with that bag! Love the eyes on those little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O My!! What wonderful goodies!! None of our thrift stores do grab bags....
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Bucks County Folk Art" has been included in Sites To See #370. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/05/sites-to-see-370.html

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!