"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Thursday, December 26, 2013

Vintage Whimsies in a Bottle

OK.  I needed to have a peek.
Just what exactly is inside this bottle
of Vintage Whimsies?
 Let's have a lookie!
 OOOOOOOOOO! 
I like that tear drop!
 I tried to give you the largest pictures
to see all the details.  If you click on them,
you'll get an even closer view.
 Each piece is so tiny.
 These would come in handy
especially for miniatures and
miniature scenes.
 I had asked the owner of the store
if these were real or reproductions and
she said everything in the bottles
were, in fact, authentic vintage pieces.
 Many of these old pieces can easily
be dated back to the 1930's-1950's....
 ....which to me means one thing,
"Scrumpsh"
 While watching The Muppet Christmas Carol
with the kids, I actually began working with
my hands again, creating bodies for miniature
needle-felted children.  I bet I can use some of these
bits for the clothing.
My Spirit and Mind are having a tug-of-war
with my body.  My Spirit wants me to create; my
mind has endless to-do lists.  And I'm caught
in the middle!!


4 comments:

  1. I know the Lord will give You strength and peace of mind in whatever You need. Yes,those little goodies are fun to run Your hands through.A fun find.Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably know how much I'm loving your little bottle of happiness. Create! Be free during this break from school. The do-lists can wait. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I say go for it Jill!! Merry Christmas we were out of power for 4 days due to an ice storm!! But all is good!! A lot of good memories were made and I appreciate my home more now!! Gonna blog soon here!! Love ya to the moon n back!! XOXO Love Aunt Frannie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a treasure this is!! Love it. I agree, always make time to play!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!