"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Saturday, December 7, 2013

Going Through a 1950's Scrapbook.....

Decided to take out all the cards from a 1950's
era scrapbook and thought I'd share
some cute Christmas ones with you.
I found the old scrapbook at an antique shop
while visiting Vermont a couple years ago.
 I had lots of plans for these. 
As always, I've got more ideas than time!
 
But, that's not such a bad thing.  It's
even MORE frustrating having time
and no ideas!
 It was a tough decision removing these from
the book because some of the backs got
damaged.  But the pages were so browned
and brittle I thought it was the
best way to go.
 
I wonder whatever became of the
little girl these once belonged to?
She was 12 at the time, which would put her in her '70s
now.  Whoever she was, I hope she's still around.
She might have started a new scrapbook, completely
filled with cards from her grandkids.  Or who knows,
maybe she's just scanning them into her computer!


4 comments:

  1. Oh- Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone somewhere knew who that woman is and let her know that her scrapbook is treasured. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the old cards! I've saved our cards for years and years.. maybe someday someone will find them and they will be vintage by then! Lol!
    have a great sunday Jill!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite things to look at when I visit estate sales and antique stores are the scrapbooks filled with pictures and cards. The graphics are just lovely on these cards. They certainly don't make cards like this anymore. I'm glad you rescued this. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these images very much. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!