"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Thursday, October 3, 2013

First Pen and Ink Drawing!

This is the actual pen and ink drawing I
copied from the picture below.
Obviously, I didn't choose this picture for its beauty,
but with so many different lines and values,
I thought it made a great learning piece.
This is the original.  Mine has a much longer
neck, which was a mistake on my part.  But,
since it's a caricature, I actually liked
the exaggeration.
Next, I'm doing a charcoal drawing taken from a
photo of a real polar bear and her cub.  I can't draw animals,
especially real-life ones, which is probably why
my teacher's making me do it!
With so much going on since school started
it's nice to have a little something of my own.
Hope you're all taking some time for your
own creative outlets!


5 comments:

  1. GREAT great job! Keep at it! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't draw at all. You are extremely talented. I'll look forward to seeing more of your work. My glue gun has been busy lately with Halloween projects. It's that time of the year! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My ! Where does Your talent end? You are so talented in so many areas of life.What a blessing ! Hugs to You girl :) Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job Jill!! you are talented! I used to draw all the time. but now I just doodle.. a lot.. all the time.. on any and everything.. and its all mindless and useless! LOL!
    have a great weekend!!
    xoxov
    vivivan

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!