"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Another Halloween Transformation

I thought this was an exceptionally
pretty Pfalizgraff bunny, but it
just didn't fit my décor.
Maybe time for a Fall Transformation.
 The heart wants what it wants!
 At first, I painted the flowers Fall colors,
but they didn't look right.  I hated everything
about it.  So up on the shelf it sat for a few weeks.
I was going to throw it in the garbage, but
decided to cool my head for a while.  Then
a new idea popped into my mind.
 Using paper clay, I covered over the
flowers.  Then once that dried, I
recovered with Rigid Wrap, which
is always easy to paint over.
 I'm not ashamed to admit how much
fun I had making this!
 The trick-or-treat bag is filled with
a combination of new decorations
and old black feathers taken off a
1930s lady's hat.
 Originally, I made his clown hat
to fit, but thought it was too much.
I tried again, this time making a
much smaller, cuter one.
 Of course, he has to wear his
masquerade mask.  I added lots
of glitter to make it sparkle.
My Mom will slap me for this, but
here goes........
HOPPY HALLOWEEN!

7 comments:

  1. This one is especially nice.If it was Me,I think it would be one I would have to keep.Thank You for Your nice comment on My last post.I use to feel exactly like that as they went off to school.I almost hate to tell You though :)that feeling NEVER changes even when they're adults.Our hearts run deep as Moms the rest of Our lives.Hugs-Deise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is pure genius!!! Looks like something from Bethany Lowe or Teena Flaners.....WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant ONCE AGAIN! I'm glad he didn't end up in the trash. That sack was the perfect touch.

    Halloween hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing transformation! I am glad you put it aside for a while and didn't toss it. It's so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just stunning! Looks like something out of Grandin Road catalog that they'd sell for $100!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is just to precious!!! Perfect decoration for the little ones since he is not scary :)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!