"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Thursday, August 8, 2013

Took Advantage While I Could!

The past 10 days was the most perfect weather. 
I wanted to take advantage of working outside before
the heat and humidity struck again. 
OK.  What to do with this pile of bricks? 
The old man who lived here before us has
them buried all over the yard.  Bricks and
rocks, even a gravestone!
 I noticed that the kids never went inside
their tree house.  "It's too dirty, Mommy!"
Mary said, "There's no floor."
A-HA moment.
 Two-by-two I laid the bricks. 
(It was all I could hold at once).
And took many trips to the pile.
 By the time I was done lining the tree house,
I was tripping over my own feet with
exhaustion.  (I had been working on the yard
for a few hours already) so time to recruit
more help.  Poor Ted had just gotten home from
work, but jumped right in. 
 And in no time, the pile was gone!
 There were just enough bricks to make
a floor. We piled the broken ones behind
the tree house until we can figure out
what to do with them.
With work out of the way, the kids
could now enjoy some S'mores by the fire.
 Piling bricks sure makes you work
up an appetite, huh Nic?
And we burned more wood,
roasted marshmallows, and
drank some wine clear into
the night.  
THAT was a good night!

5 comments:

  1. That was a lot of work hauling bricks. You certainly earned those smores and wine. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fabulous idea, though a great deal of work! But it was worth all that work when you see those smiling faces!! Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Building memories for all of You-Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another full day of weed whacking, burning wood, clearing space....and still no end in sight! So much overgrowth (Is that a word? I'm too tired to google it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use for those!
    We're waiting for it to get cooler so we can finish our patio. I break into a sweat just thinking about being outside right now.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!