"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Come See My Halloween Transformation

Transforming something old into something new 
is one of my favorite past-times.
While still maintaining
the integrity of the old piece
watch how she's transformed!
 First things first, repainting the figurine.
I chose black and orange of course,
for her dress and hair ribbon.
 Even her little package was painted orange
and decorated with a teeny black
paper rose as the bow.
 If the devil is in the details, I better
get myself to church!
Armed with old laces and trims, I was
able to add texture to her dress.
 Because her arms are overflowing with
gifts, I pictured her coming home from a
masquerade ball.  This gave me the idea
to have her wear a silver glittered mask.
 Every little girl looks extra cute in polka-dots!
 A Victorian cone filled with Halloween goodies
and a Halloween flag made with a vintage
silver pipe cleaner makes me dream
of cooler, Fall weather.
 Her music box actually still works so
I decided to give her a solid base to stand on.
More scrumptiousness to come!


5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! seriously love love love this!!! so stinking awesome!
    are you selling her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Viv! Yes, I plan on putting her on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is truly amazing. I'm speechless. You are so darn talented. Keep the Halloween coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute I love all your details~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would have even imagined it was possible to transform a figurine like you have. Your idea really works and gives a whole new look! I'm looking forward to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!