"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Monday, June 10, 2013

Mad Hatter Antiquing Adventure

Yesterday morning my whole day was planned out.  Clean, clean, and oh yeah, iron too. 
It was a gorgeous day and I was ready to tackle it all on. 
But therein lies the problem.  It's a gorgeous day. 
 The cleaning will always be there tomorrow.
Plus, my Etsy shop is looking sparse.  I should really find new things to add to my shop. 
That's it.  Everybody get ready - road trip!
 
We drove down to Adamstown, PA.  Antique shops line Rt. 222. 
Since we left so late and it took over an hour to get there, we only had a few hours before everything closed.   We knew we had to hit The Mad Hatter Antique Mall. 
 
 And this is my favorite corner of the building - everything retro!

Mary and Nicolai loved all the funky colors and old kitchen gadgets.  "Mommy!  Take a picture of this over here!" was all I kept hearing.  
This old cake tin was so cute in its pale pink color, but at $85, I had to pass.  
And if you're going to hate standing on a scale anyway, at least make it a little less painful by having one of these fabby pink ones! 
 Unfortunately, this was the only shop I actually took pictures.  The other shops we went into didn't want ladies bringing in big handbags, so I had to leave mine in the car and with it, went the camera.

 They didn't really have these on the phones did they? 
I figured someone just did a little "repurposing".

 Now, if anyone ever wants to visit Adamstown, let me forewarn you.  This is not where you want to go to find thrift store prices.  Having already gone here with my parents a few months back, I already knew that.  But, it's still a fun experience.

 Nic entertaining himself with a bag of plastic toys.  Such a good boy.

And if you're looking for retro bowls, you'll find it here!
 Such pretty and delicate details.  This reminds me of something my Mom would have worn.

 OK.  If I ever go back, I just may have to have Ted buy this for me (it would take the guilt away from me buying it for myself!)  I've never seen a tree like this one.

 Instead of green with colored lights, it's white with silver glitter and light blue birds.  I saw it last time I was there and fell in love with its simplicity. 
But, it's hard to justify buying stuff for yourself when you're on one income.

Even tissue paper had cute graphics back then!  Oh, send me back in time!

 Funky, funky, funky!

 I did wind up finding a few things to put in my Etsy shop and will post later.  With the amount of gas and tolls it took to get there, and if I sell everything, I might break even.  But, it was a day out with Ted and the kids.  And I'm already done most of the cleaning I would have done yesterday too.  
--- and I just heard the dryer buzz!  Time to go fold more laundry!
 



3 comments:

  1. Laundry can definitely wait another day. Antiquing is much more fun than laundry. Sounds like you have two good little travelers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of fun!Pretty pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Adamstown! I took pictures of those exact funky colored kitchen items just last summer too lol

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!