"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Advice for the Soon-to-be-Newlywed Scrapbook

My niece Janie, the oldest of 16 grandchildren, had her bridal shower this past weekend.  Besides giving the typical household gifts, I wanted to do something alittle special for her.  This is what I came up with.
 
 
 What started out as a recipe book, soon developed into a book offering advice from those who have already been there.


Thick 5x7 cardstock and lots of vintage pictures were used.


Coming from a woman who hasn't had a dishwasher since moving in here 12 years ago, I couldn't agree more!



Rather than print the recipes straight onto the book, I added pockets instead.


Some recipes were pasted onto the back of cute pictures like this one.  I layered each recipe with packing tape for protection while cooking and then slipped on a paperclip for easy removal.




Having the recipes in pockets will make it easier for them to just take out if they ever want to use them. 





Don't say I didn't warn you, Matt!


I added a tiny tin Christmas ornament here.  Isn't it cute?  It's only about 2 inches tall and is handmade (not by me though!)


My most asked-for Christmas cookie~



Seriously, why does this happen even when my original picture is upright?  Anyhow, added lots of soup recipes here.  Janie's a vegetarian, but from what I hear, Matt's craving some pork chops.  Looks like I need to send more recipes!



I tried to sneak in other graphics here and there.  This one is hidden under the soup recipes.


"There is no vision on Earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves." 


All it would take is one time!


 
More recipes behind the pics.  This one says, "Nothing is more intoxicating as the smell of bacon frying in the morning save perhaps the smell of coffee brewing."  I'm not a big bacon eater and I don't like the taste of coffee, but I couldn't agree more with this!






Hoping their love lasts forever.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jill that is pretty flippin cool! And it is so great to see you getting your mojo goin girly!! You do a lot of work on that. I LOVE homemade gifts!! SO very clever you are!! Hey I am leaving on Friday for our vaca to the thumb like we do every year. If you need me just send me a email: thebagglady76@yahoo.com. I am gonna try to borrow some wifi if I can!! LOL They have it in this one town you can use. I'll be checking in. Keep on keepin on neice!! Love ya XOXO Aunt Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat one of a kind gift! I bet Janie will love going through it time and time again!
    I made something a little similar for my pal when she graduated cooking school. Not as in depth as yours, but it was fun to make as I bet yours was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's mine. You can go through the photostream to see more pages:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/48721315@N00/2182648988/in/photolist-4jSDv7-4jSDM3-4jSDTQ-5zhrXJ-5zhs1w-5De4yB-5DifXY

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!