"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Monday, March 4, 2013

Experimenting with the Camera

You'd think someone who blogs would really enjoy taking pictures.  I don't.
 
 I just find taking pictures tedious and frustrating.  But, I've been experimenting in hopes of getting better.
I'm starting to make displays out of things I already have around the house.  Take this old statue of Mary, for example.  She makes a great display piece for my old rosaries.  

And I'm trying to get better close-ups.
And trying to get different perspectives.
Viewing something through a zoom gives me a whole new appreciation for the subject being photographed.  

It also helps when you reach 43 years old and your eyes can't focus on anything within a foot of your face!
So I trudge on, relying more on my camera than my eyes!
And when I look at these simple old rosaries, I see a beauty there that I hadn't seen with the naked eye.  I get a glimpse as to why people actually enjoy taking pictures.  I'm just not there yet!


2 comments:

  1. oh it becomes a sickness so be careful. I have a tiny little nothing special camera but it serves its purpose and I take a ton of pics. I keep thinking I would like a nicer camera with a quicker speed.. as I have a hard time getting pictures of anything that is moving. as in my granddaughter! lol!
    happy day jill!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not alone.I feel exactly the same.I don't even want to practice ; )

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!