"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Monday, February 18, 2013

Breaking Out the Easter Crafts

It's been too cold here in Old Bucks County.  We need a little Springtime to brighten our spirits!

From cute, kitschy little bunnies.....

To primitive, old tin eggs - let me break out the fresh colors of Spring!

Aunt Candy and I hit the motherload of treasure hunts when a woman who crafted for a living had a yard sale filled with vintage Easter crafts.   We filled Candy's trunk and like two little school girls, we giggled all the way home.  And like two teenagers, we decided it wasn't enough and drove back for more!

Most of the crafts are still in their original packages too.    Plenty to keep the kids busy during these cold months.  I may even put together some lots and post in my Etsy shop. 

 Teeny-weeny little chicks and bunnies, I remember from the '70s and '80s.

 And lookie what else I just found.  It's a nice wood curio, but could use a fresh coat of paint.

Now, I've got the supplies.  If only motivation and inspiration would kick in!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I'm seriously jealous of your EASTER supplies! You lucky lucky lady. I can't wait to see what you create. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! You did hit the motherload! Can't wait to see what you create!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeekkk you girls sure did hit a great crafters delight sale! I have done the same a couple of times and wow I was in heaven! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew that Easter bug, or should I say chick, would bite you!!! We had new snow last night and it is still so cold here......but some fresh colors will brighten things up!!! Love your treasures, you sure were lucky!!! Love that little cabinet, I know you will come up with something wonderful for it!!! How about a Spring scene inside on a shelf??? hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucky girls! looks like lots of fun stuff to play with. I know you'll be creating something cute!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! And your little wooden chest is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW....Easter delights for sure!!! Can't wait to see your creations!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, what a score of Easter crafting goodies, I think I would have went back 3-4 times. You are way ahead of me I still have my Valentines wreath on the door

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!