"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Brooklyn Flea

Yesterday, wanting to try something different, we took a day trip to the Brooklyn Flea.  Turned out to be a bust, but I did find a few cards to share with you.

In this economy, many people have opted for "Staycations", staying at home instead of going on "Vacations." I joked to Ted about having a "No-Waycation", but with research, I found we could enjoy inexpensive "Daycations."


After the flea market, my friend Beth, who lives in Jersey City, met up with us and we drove to a nearby beach.

But it was NO ORDINARY beach for sure.


Have you ever heard of "Dead Horse Bay"?  If you get the chance, give it a Google.  You'll probably ask yourself, "Why?" or as my Mom, who came with us, put it, "I don't understand."

It's an entirely different story for an entirely different post!

I snapped this picture just in time.  I'll let you know all about Dead Horse Bay soon.  Until then, Fuhgeddaboudit!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill, Now I am curious to hear about Dead Horse Bay! What a name! Love the sign in the last photo. Look how lovely the little girls are in the old photographs.
    Yes! Can you believe a camp for handwriting let alone signs to put in your yard. But Polo Camp for kids? They must be really long sticks! Have a great week ahead! E

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!