"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hurry! Hurry! Step Right Up, Folks!

Get'cher Vintage Circus Supplies Here!

Clearing out my stash once again and didn't realize how many circus-themed supplies and collectibles were packed away!

Last summer, I was on the hunt for the old-time feel of carnival and circus supplies for a neighborhood party.

Anytime I found anything remotely resembling a circus or carnival, I scooped it up.  Having things on hand helps conjure up ideas and inspiration. 

When it comes to the circus, the older the pieces the better! 

I've been debating whether to put these in my Etsy Shop or keep them for further projects.

Having more projects in mind than I know what to do with, I figured I could part with these and maybe help someone else who's creating their own altered art.

 Some people wonder how I can have so many knicky-knacks and art supplies.  But I say, anyone who works with their hands knows the importance of having your tools right there when you need them. 

When it comes to art, is there anything more frustrating than being totally hit with inspiration, actually having the time to dig in, only to find out you're short of supplies? 

That's not for me, sister!

So, while I'm penned up at home with two sick children, I take the opportunity to dig it all out and decide which goes back in! 

Sounds easier said than done.  We sometimes get attached to our things don't we? 

But it's all ok, because I know once the space is cleared and I have lots of room to work on my newest love-interest......I'll need some new supplies!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill,

    Hope you are having a good summer so far! These things are so cute! Hope the kids are better soon!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!