"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Monday, May 28, 2012

Living with Regrets

For years, I've wanted to visit Dane and Candy during Christmas, so I could experience one of their famous horse-drawn sleigh rides. They always did it up right. Dane outfitted the team with sleigh bells while Candy made sure you were bundled up in warm quilts.  When you returned to their old farmhouse, you were greeted with homemade cookies and hot cocoa.




Now that Dane is gone, so is my dream.  It wasn't just about the horse-drawn sleigh ride, but the whole experience with Dane and Candy. It was about making more memories for our kids so they could look back and say, "Remember the time at Uncle Dane and Aunt Candy's when...."  

Remember, when you look back on your life, it's not the things you did that you most regret, it's the things you didn't do.









2 comments:

  1. Jill, I'm so sorry about your uncles passing. at least you know you will see him again someday right? I bet your kids have great memories of him even though they havent been on a sleigh ride with him.
    I hope you have a good week... I think your uncle would want you to find things to smile about.
    and I bet that sometime, you can go for a sleigh ride or horse and buggy ride and take the kids in honor of your uncle dane.
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jil,

    I'm sorry about your Uncle Danes passing. Pleasse don't live with regret. I'm sure he would want you to remember the good times you had with him, and not the things that you didn't get to do with him. I like vivian's idea.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!