"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Friday, April 6, 2012

Time for Some Serious Changes


Here in old Bucks County, I decided it was time for some changes.  It started with these vintage Napco angel figurines.  Sure, they're cute, but time for a face-lift.

"But, you can't change these old pieces," I said to myself, "And what makes you think you can make them look better?  You have no formal training in painting.  You're not qualified.  Just leave them alone before you ruin them." 

 I could almost feel a wink from God as I picked up my paintbrush and fought those negative feelings.

 We've all been given our own, unique talents and abilities that shouldn't be buried in the sand.

These angels, formed at least 50 years ago, now have a fresh new look, while still maintaining their beauty and grace.


I'm so glad to have pushed myself further and expanded my boundaries. 

Now it's your turn!  Aren't you tired of being afraid?



13 comments:

  1. That would be a tiny bit scary for Me too .Mine have been in my family so long.I must have the same ones.I bet it was fun.I know the one I will start with.Three carolers-paint is all chipped.I've seen it since I was tiny displayed in My Mom's living room-Thanks Jill for the push.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! They turned out adorable! Great job!!! Love their eye lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill! Oh! You are brave! I would be too worried about taking away from their "original-ness" - but, I guess we do that all the time with furniture, huh?

    About my eggs, I suppose you could try with the blown eggs, but be very careful with holding them. Don't want to crush them. Melody tells me that they do keep even hardboiled - just dries up inside. Who knew!

    Bless you this Resurrection Weekend!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE changes!!! I like their new fresh look.
    Easter Blessings.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jill!! I agree with you! I have been trying to kick my own butt cuz I am just sitting on a few things I know I could list in my Etsy shoppe!! SO it's like my own fault. But to my own defense I have been dealing with this kidney stone!! I have like three handmade items I've just gotta put finishing touches on and then they'll be ready!! SO I should think hard about what you're saying and get busy!! right!!! LOve ya bunches girly!! XOXO Love, Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop that bad talk!!! You can do anything you want!!! Nice job, and they are much improved...you funny girl...hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jill! I love how they turned out. You are a brave girl. First of all, I wouldnt have thought of it and secondly, I would have been afraid to do it!
    But they turned out wonderfully. It was a great idea!
    I hope you and your family have a joyfilled Easter celebration!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter!

    You did a fantastic job on these!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I think you did a really good job updating your angels! Have a wonderful Easter, Jill, hugs and blessings, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done Jill! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look so fun and Happy now...and not at all like Christmas just a couple of Party Girls! Good Job and yes so very Brave I might add! Happy Easter, Hugs from California

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!