"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Saturday, April 14, 2012

Simple Blueberry Lemon Tarts

Is there anything better than a sumptuous dessert with less than 25 calories?!

If you love fruit as much as I do, you might want to try this extremely simple tart.

  

But, I cannot take the credit.  I found this this recipe at: http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/



These taste a bit like Lemon Meringue pie.  But what if you don't like lemons or blueberries?  Simple enough, how about vanilla yogurt with strawberries, or how about raspberries?   The ideas are limitless.

Here's the Recipe if you'd like to give it a try:

INGREDIENTS:
  • 15 Mini Phyllo (also spelled Filo or Fillo) Cups found in the frozen pie area of your grocery store.
  • 1 6 oz. Container of Low Fat Lemon Yogurt
  • 1/4 tsp. Fresh Lemon Zest
  • Fresh Blueberries
  • Powdered Sugar (optional)
DIRECTIONS
  • Line a strainer with a coffee filter and add the yogurt on top.  Place the strainer over a bowl and sit it in the fridge for about 4 hours (I left mine overnight).
  • In a small bowl, add the stained yogurt (which has now developed a more custard-like thickness) with lemon zest.  Blend together and fill the phyllo cups.
  • Place a few fresh blueberries on top. 
  • Dust with powdered sugar (I forgot that part, but it was still delicious!)

Absolutely guilt-free! 








7 comments:

  1. Simple and pretty!I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Love the recipe. I'll try it. So cute and healthy, too! LOVE your banner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the really nice comment. I know that dining room table thing really kind of stinks, doesn't it? Such a mess and kinda hard to eat around all the craft supplies. I wouldn't even clear it off to eat, just push everything over to the side. Pretty crude I guess, but what can you do? Love the story about your dad, how awesome!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just when I was pondering what to serve for Kara's shower coming up this weekend you post on this simple little treat. Perfect. Thanks Jill~

    Naked Kiddle? I have some to send you that you can turn into a fairy friend for me and you and anyone else you know. I'll get it together soon (famous last words) and pop them in the mail to you.

    Are you on Pinterest Jill?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie,
      Sounds good! No, I don't belong to pinterest because it seems you have to have a facebook page and I don't plan on getting one. : )

      Delete
  5. Girl, I don't think there is anything better than blueberry and lemon. Except maybe blackberry and lemon... or lemon and lemon... nor a tart for that matter.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they look so yummy... I love little tart's.
    Thank you for praying for Dustin, he is home and on the improve.
    Love,Debbie:)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!