Is there anything better than a sumptuous dessert with less than 25 calories?!
If you love fruit as much as I do, you might want to try this extremely simple tart.
But, I cannot take the credit. I found this this recipe at: http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/
These taste a bit like Lemon Meringue pie. But what if you don't like lemons or blueberries? Simple enough, how about vanilla yogurt with strawberries, or how about raspberries? The ideas are limitless.
Here's the Recipe if you'd like to give it a try:
- 15 Mini Phyllo (also spelled Filo or Fillo) Cups found in the frozen pie area of your grocery store.
- 1 6 oz. Container of Low Fat Lemon Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. Fresh Lemon Zest
- Fresh Blueberries
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
- Line a strainer with a coffee filter and add the yogurt on top. Place the strainer over a bowl and sit it in the fridge for about 4 hours (I left mine overnight).
- In a small bowl, add the stained yogurt (which has now developed a more custard-like thickness) with lemon zest. Blend together and fill the phyllo cups.
- Place a few fresh blueberries on top.
- Dust with powdered sugar (I forgot that part, but it was still delicious!)