"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Friday, March 23, 2012

A Time to Keep

Now that my attic renovations are done, I've spent the last few weeks ruthlessly sorting through every box, and scouring every nook and cranny of our house. I gathered plenty to donate and purge. I also took this opportunity to open a new Etsy Shop called, A Time To Keep!


Within minutes of posting these little snowbabies, a woman asked if she could just buy this one bunny, which I agreed to, but I NEED YOUR ADVICE.



In your opinion, do you think I should leave this little bunny in its original condition or try to repaint the face? I always have an inner conflict with messing with a vintage piece's integrity. At the same time, I may be able to bring out its beauty by cleaning him up. What do you think?


Have you ever gone through your things and wondered how you've accumulated so many things?!


Without realizing it, I've gotten myself a nice sized collection of vintage figurines and planters.


And bunnies....


Lots and lots of bunnies...


Have you ever felt a Napco collectible in your hand? It's like velvet. It literally feels as good as it looks!


This was a very interesting paper mache bunny I recently picked up. The strange part is, I don't think it's home-made, but the way the seams are put together, you'd think it didn't come from a factory. It's like the front part is too big for the back...or they used two different bunny molds to create it. Very, very weird.


And then of course, brown bunnies! This is the biggest of the lot.


Somewhere along the line, my "Bucks County Folk Art" Etsy Shop took on a life of its own and morphed into a vintage shop, rather than a place for me to display my folk art. Having two stores solves this problem. BCFA will go back to primitive folk art while "A Time To Keep" will focus on shabby chic, vintage, and kitschy scrumptiousness.


This musical planter is so pretty with the pastel pinks and blues. I love the little bluebird sitting on top!


The Easter Bunny used this vintage planter to hide candy-filled eggs!


Over the last year, I've become completely smitten with polka-dots! This cutie was used at my carnival-themed party last summer. After the kids won tickets, we'd use this to store them. It was much more fun than a bowl or jar.


I'm not sure, but I think this planter was made back in the 1930s-1940s. She's so different than any of the other planters I've seen because she's basically monochromatic - creamy white with gold accents. Nothing fancy, just a calming cool color.


I honestly won't be sad if she doesn't sell! I actually have a winter themed idea for her if she doesn't. White bottle brush trees, topped with white glass bulbs and glitter.


Pretty in Pink!


They just don't make things like they used to. Just look at this train. Pure innocence.


Sometimes, I come across something so sweet I could just *smack* it! I mean really - a train made from yummy sugary sweets! And an icecream cone for the smoke-stack! Who came up with this idea? I need to smack him! It's just so darn cute!


Feeling so organized! Just in time for Spring!!
Thanks for all the visits and well wishes!

2 comments:

  1. Well you have a great collection of Vintage Figurines to fill your Shop! Ok the way you add your side bar info, go to design and then see add a gadget at the right click on that and then you are given options, HTML Java Scripts thats where you copy and paste the url. Hope that helps (: HUgs, from California

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Jill, I can't believe you had all these treasures stashed away! I LOVE all of them. I'm with you, I really like the little white planter with the girl and I can sooo see it revamped for Christmas. And about the little Bunnie's face, I would be so squeamish that I would mess it up. Good luck with your new shop, hugs and blessings, Nan

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!