"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Shabby-Chic Valentine Tree!

Originally, I was going to repaint the wrought iron white, but then I found some pretty pink spray paint left-over from doing Mary's magnetic memory board. This was a definite improvement! And because some of the black is coming through in some spots, it gives it a shabby look. We added gold glittered hearts and are debating whether to add more embellishments. Sometimes, less is more.


This is how I found it at the thrift store.


Still fighting the winter blues, house still in total chaos due to renovations, no place to exercise, eating like I'm 8 month's pregnant....I really need to move to Arizona or someplace where I don't feel as gray as the February skies.

7 comments:

  1. Your tour of the tile works is special for sure. It looks like that place is right out of old England. Sometimes it is hard to remember that America has lots of history too! Thanks for sharing this and also all your great vintage and valentine finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tour of the tile works is special for sure. It looks like that place is right out of old England. Sometimes it is hard to remember that America has lots of history too! Thanks for sharing this and also all your great vintage and valentine finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure why I cant leave my comment just to you.. but anyways!... love the pink iron tree.. and you are so not alone with the winter blues.. I have them and so many others in blogland have them right now too.. Its a very usual thing for this time of year.
      I need the beach!!
      xoxo
      vivian

      Delete
    2. Lovely makeover. Your valentine tree definitely needed to be pink. I love winter, but I'd gladly trade our gray skies for some glorious sun.

      Delete
  3. My blues came from that crazy month of pre-election Florida craziness, with tons of mail and ads and I just can't stand it. HELP!!

    But it's over. Thank heavens. Mary is getting big. She is so cute So is your valentines tree. You are Miss Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that Valentines tree is amazing, I have never seen anything like it! And I love the new coat of PINK paint, it is perfect! The vintage Valentines you shared earlier so sweet and I have "Pinned" several of them, thanks for sharing. xxoo Nan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking of moving to Arizona too, I'll meet you there and we can be neighbors.

    Going through some tough stuff out here in Washington (financial ick) and downsizing and changing but we've decided to have fun while we are at it!

    Posting today on Simple Says Me.

    Love your little tree, you make magic with all you do. Loved seeing Mary too!

    I'm with you Jill, in heart and in prayer.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!