"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm Being Seduced!!

It started out innocent enough. I just wanted a creative outlet until my art room was available. I needed to fill my soul with tantalizing textures, pretty colors and dazzling aromas.

That's when I was introduced to Mediterranean Cooking. Who would have ever thought it'd be so seductive?


Simple, nutritious recipes rich in fruits, vegetables, fresh bread, nuts, fish, and of course, olive oil. And it all tastes so gooooooooooood!!


For a long time now, I've known I've needed to cut my sugar addiction, but like any addiction, that's much easier said than done. Coke is my biggest weakness. Like a person struggling with alcohol, I could never have just one drink.


Then came Lent, a time for renewal. A time for embracing my spirit, mind, and body. For 40 days, I've made a commitment to "detox" and so far, it's been nothing short of incredible.


I get to be creative, and Ted gets to come home after a long day of work to "Nicoise Salad" with French Baguettes and a cold beer. Looks like he's being seduced too!


This recipe is so simple and filling. I'm happy to share!

Lettuce and spinach leaves
2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups sliced cooked potatoes (I found teeny weeny red ones that were perfect)
1 1/4 cups cooked green beans
1 pouch Starkist Tuna (Albacore or Chunk Light) in water
4 slices red or white onion, separated into rings
1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
4 whole anchovies (optional)

On a large platter or 4 individual salad plates, arrange lettuce and spinach leaves. Arrange tomatoes, potatoes, beans, tuna, onion rings, olives, and eggs in a decorative design. Garnish with anchovies if desired.

Next, "Chicken Cassoulet"!

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous looking dinner. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI JILL!!! I've been missing you!! Maybe there will less of you to miss if eating this way helps that out!!! LOL And if it does let me know!! LOL That salad looks so yummy!!! It looks like a magazine pic!!! Keep us posted on the detox and you go girl!! I need a a swft kick in the butt for it!! But if you lose alot of weight I might just go for it too!! HAHA No I will my bad. Love ya bunches Aunt Frannie XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! Does it make me weird if I want to eat all this for breakfast? LOL

    Happy Wednesday!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, that's my favorite cold plate for dinner!!! Crusty bread and olive oil for dipping.....yum.....hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elucidate please... Coke = Coca Cola. The salad plate is great but that is one day's meal. What do you serve for the other 6 days.

    mamaSay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK. Now I have to Google what "Elucidate" means.

      As for the other 6 days, I've been creating menus for every day of the week. This also helps makes food shopping so much easier. I've got a list of everything I know I need and don't just grab stuff willy-nilly!

      Delete
  6. I used to work at a Mediterranean resturaunt and ever since, it is by far my faovrite!! Hope all is well! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a "good for you" diet. What time are you serving? lol Patsye

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!