"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Valentine Finds & Free Images

Today was Valentine's Day at the Barn! Come, let me share with you my finds and some vintage Valentines for you!

In the middle of the heap is a really large Valentine Tree. I plan on repainting the wrought iron a shabby white and hanging Valentines from it.


Vintage hearts are so pretty, but so hard to come by inexpensively. I got this beauty for $3.50!



This extra-large heart will be perfect for filling with Valentine goodies for Mary. She's a girlie-girl and loves all types of ribbons and lace.


For $1.50, I figured I could use the plastic flowers from this heart for other projects. But if Mary sees it, she'll probably take it as her own.


I'm pretty sure this a reproduction, but I loved the graphics and often use tins for storage. For 50 cents, who am I to complain?!


Puffy glittered-golden hearts to decorate the Valentine tree - 25 cents each.


For 50 cents, a box of Snoopy Valentines for Mary and Nicolai.


What luck! I had been searching for an oval-shaped picture frame for a while now. At $1.50, score!


This was my biggest surprise of them all - packs of vintage, unused Valentines for 50cents each! Each pack contained 4-5 Valentines! And the fun was not knowing what was inside until I got home.


Here they are! I picked out the cutest ones for you to use for your own art projects. Enjoy!










7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what great finds! The ♥ boxes are so pretty and I love all the vintage Valentines. Thanks for sharing, it really put me in the mood for Valentines Day. Hugs, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you sure did great I love all the choices you made, good prices too, right up my alley! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage cards; how sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness... MAJOR SCORE!!! Wow, I would have wrestled you to the ground for all of it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm completely green with envy. Your vintage cards are just wonderful. Good for you! Love all your decorative candy boxes too.

      Delete
  5. NICE!!! The old candy boxes and Valentines are so much FUN and I just LOVE them!!! The tin is perfect for your vignette, old or not!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill,What luck you have when you go treasure hunting.Such fun you must of had.Makes me want to go today :)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!