"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Sunday, January 8, 2012

1959 Astronaut Images for You

Isn't it always the way? Santa brings the kids brand new toys and a week later, they bring out their tried and true old toys?


And when I say old, I'm not talkin' last year's Christmas toys, I'm talkin' 1959 Christmas toys!


I took these adorable pictures of the Remco "Moon Man" game.


The kids asked me to play with them this morning and while admiring the really cute characters, I thought maybe others would admire them too.


These pictures would be adorable for scrapbooking and journaling, don't you think?


I don't know if little boys are into astronauts these days, but I figured if someone was planning a space-themed party, you could use these images for decorations or invitations.


Wish I knew how to use Photoshop. For now, I just print, cut, and paste the old-fashioned way!


I tried to capture different sizes for you too.


Enjoy the rest!


Pow-Zooom! To the Moon, Alice!












This was one small step for man, and one giant step for scrapbookers!

5 comments:

  1. I love it. Moon bucks!!!! Probably worth more than our dollar. Cute post. Patsye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Jill! Now I am inspired to get out my Uncle Wiggly game and do the same with that game board - it was my favorite in the preschool years! Such sweet illustrations . . .
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right! These would be fabulous for scrapbooking and journaling. I love these characters! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1959 was an awesome year...I was born into a world of very cool toys!

    1960 got even more fun with more Barbies and more toys...

    1961-1965 I played with Liddle Kiddles and Chatty Cathy and dolls became real.

    1966 I confess I started to play with the Texaco Fire Truck and old Buck Rogers and Bat Masterson games and Star Trek became facinating...

    Those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end...
    May your children hold these oldie but goodie toys dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. um-hum-I was born in 1959. ; )

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!