"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Sunday, November 13, 2011

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

With Christmas fast approaching, out come my tubs of supplies, some items long forgotten. After covering my Dining Room table with kraft paper and spreading my projects out, I need to decide....which should I tackle first?


I completely forgot about these old Alpine Village houses I bought over the summer. Last year I had so much fun altering these into sparkling, decorative ornaments using vintage miniatures and bottle brush trees.


Or maybe I should pick up a carving knife and finish these Santas. I've also got these fabulous antique wood spools Aunt Candy found at a church rummage sale.


Old spools turn into unique Christmas ornaments.


Isn't it fun going through your stash? The little hand in the corner is Mary trying to sneak a few pieces.


I really should finish some needle felting projects. This Santa was just sold on Etsy and I had to say my goodbyes.


Nativities have been a major focus for me lately. Searching Etsy for Nativity pieces, I found this very cool cross showing the whole Nativity story. Had to have it! But, it was spray painted a very tacky gold. I'm enjoying repainting it. The figures are so small I'm using a paintbrush with like one bristle! I want to make this very detailed and am taking my time with it, enjoying the process rather than focusing on the result.


I've been picking up some mangers, hoping to restore them and give them much more detail. The red wooden shadowbox is another project I hope to soon work on. I created one for Halloween I had spray-painted black. Making a Christmas one will be just as fun....if time allows.


I particularly like mangers with lofts and ladders, and those that are made of stone.


My kids got to try a new craft - bottle cap art. They say it's "awesome." Most of the images I use come from old valentines, greeting cards, and pictures from storybooks.


Once I take out my supplies, the kids are attracted to the table like bees to honey. They just can't help themselves; sorting through tiny treasures is just too tempting I guess.


Think I'll ever be able to get a chance and use my art room too?!


Not if the kids have anything to do with it!

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun things are in store for you all:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is like crafting paradise over there!!! I saw some mangers at the flea market this morning..now I will think of you when I see them.
    Looks like you guys are going to be busy!
    Happy crafting and collecting too.
    xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a glue gun and loads of glitter. Looks like tons of fun is happening at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I show all those little bit and pieces on the table I would want to craft too! Since I'm having Thanksgiving..I can't put up my craft table..
    Have FUN!!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Felted Santa, I bet it was hard to say goodbye! You sure create wonderful things, I am always so amazed when I visit your Blog! We really need to do a Holiday Swap of some type... Your kids looks so cute picking through your treasures. My grand-peeps love my goodies but they are way too young to let them loose in my Studio. oxox, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, tis the season! What fun you will have! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like lots of fun to be had at your house! I just went through some of my christmas stash yesterday and got very excited thinking of all cute things I want to make!
    I need a month off at christmas and a month off in the summer... why cant life be that way???
    oh well... such is life! cant wait to see what you make for the holidays!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I wish I had some of your talent!! Your home looks very lovely and inviting and I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it does look like fun at your house! I love all those little vintage things. I want to make one of those little shadow boxes too! Happy crafting!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jill glad to see you're wanting to craft! Tell Mary I adore those pop bottle caps! I pick up caps like that alot in the parking lot at Krogers but they are mostly beer caps!! and smashed! LOL But so cool for altering!! Love all of the stables and looking forward to the red box to see what it is!! Pressure is on now Jill! LOL Take care, gotta go, Love ya, XO Aunt Frannie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!!! It was cool finding your blog!
    Where are you in Bucks County?My hubby's family all lives out there and we will be tehre for Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!