"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Thursday, September 8, 2011

Best Antique Shop in Vermont!

After running home a day early from Vermont to bail out our basement due to the hurricane, there was still been plenty left to do. The kids started school, Nicolai celebrated his 6th Birthday, unpacking, clearing out more of the basement and just as we started getting caught up another storm slammed us. This one was worse than the hurricane! More bailing out, more lugging wet boxes upstairs, and clearing gutters has left me exhausted.

Before I call it a night, I wanted to show you pictures of the BEST antique shop in Vermont!



























'Night!

6 comments:

  1. What a great shop!
    Mom & I were discussing yesterday when Nic's birthday is, because the calendar you made her says it's on Friday? I kept thinking it was the 6th but she said she thought it was the 8th. So clearly, we are really on top of things. Either way, happy birthday Nicolai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the bailing of the basement due to those storms. I cant imagine dealing with them like that. I guess it could be worse. wow!! what a great looking antique store. It looks like a place to spend a whole day! did you buy anything?
    have a great weekend
    xo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about the basement. That antique store is just amazing. So much to look at. I'd be in there for HOURS! Maybe DAYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often think about having a basement again. Then I hear stories about basements flooding. But if this had been at my house, I'd have been in real trouble because it would have been my main level, and everything I own would be ruined. I'm sorry you're going through this. I wish I was there to help.

    Happy Birthday Nicolai!

    Those pics are fabulous. I want to be there. Do you take these with your cell phone?

    Take deep breaths. Think pure thoughts. And get some good sleep. 'Night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jill how I LOVE all of those awesome old bottles just waiting to be altered!! Wouldn't we have so much fun spending a day together altering til the wee hours of the morning? love ya, XO Aunt Frannie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I remember when you posted about this shop before. It looks like a little bit of Heaven.
    So sorry to hear of your storm problems. :( I've been there, and I know it's no fun. I hope you didn't loose much.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!