"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Here, Fishy! Fishy! Fishy!

Sometimes it's nice to be forced to stop what you're doing, all the to-do lists, and just enjoy a lazy afternoon. That's just what we did this Sunday.

Mary's Girl Scout troop met at a park to learn how to fish. It was her very first time and she caught TWO.


For the first hour and a half, the girls were taught all the technicalities of fishing. Then they had about 40 minutes to fish. They were using a completely different rod than what I grew up using and I hadn't any idea how to work it. Mary learned well though!


It was so relaxing and exciting. It brought back lots of memories of fishing with my Dad at the lake. He had me play hookie a few times from school to go with him. That stopped when I started catching more than him!


And after a few hours of the hot, sweaty weather, nothing beats a cold treat.


I may not be looking forward to the heat, but I am looking forward to the unscheduled and leisurely days of summer.


Aren't you?

5 comments:

  1. I have fond memories of fishing as a child! And yes yes yes, we are soooo ready for summer break, and freedom from school schedules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not answering that question, lol, because I am so not a summer person. :P LOVE all these pictures, such cuties! Congrats to Mary on the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun summer days! That's exactly what my post is about today. Don't you just love 'em?!
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture of Mary is so cute!! Hooray for Mary catching fish! I love to fish!! I like the fun parts of summer too! Especially the ice cream!! I like picnics too and going to the beach. Take care, XO Love ya, Aunt Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those children are so beautiful they could be in one of those books. You should write a story about them, and self-publish. Have a program turn their photos into watercolors. And yes, we fish here in the ocean while just standing on the beach. You never know what you're going to catch. I've seen people catch small sharks!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!