"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Few Pretties to Share

There's nothing like getting a few pretties in the mail! Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting Patti who owns "Home Town Arts" at Etsy.com. Patti makes such gorgeous fabric collages and altered art.


Lately, I've been very interested in learning to create these collages myself so I browsed through Etsy for ideas and inspiration. Patti's work touched my heart and I'm now the proud owner of this gorgeous piece.


Next, was a surprise swap package from Kim at kimhanauer.blogspot.com. Have you visited Kim's blog yet? Her work, as you can tell, is scrumpsh!


Kim and I have been swapping casually every other month. The goal is to make something inexpensive, but still have the excitement of receiving a surprise home-made package in the mail.


Yesterday was a trying day, so receiving such a pretty gift really helped lift my spirits.


And last, but certainly not least, this bohemian hand-made necklace came from Melissa at honeygirlstudio.blogspot.com.


I'm usually super conservative when it comes to jewelry and clothes, but this necklace just grabbed my attention. As I mentioned before, my father was a paratrooper. This necklace with the wings just reminded me of him. He's got his wings and I've got mine!


Isn't it amazing how much beauty there is out there?

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24 NIV

7 comments:

  1. Hey there Jill! Very cool necklas I love it!! You will feel so awesome when you wear it!! That's a pretty swap gift too! Glad it made your day! Isn't it amazing how that happens!! Can't wait to see your collage you make. You always rock out some great things yourself!! Take care, XO Love ya Aunt Frannie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sista! Thanks for the shout out! I'm so pleased you like your necklace. Have you every wanted to go sky-diving like your daddy? I think it would be a blast. Your other goodies are very cool as well. I really like that fabric collage. I bet you'll be sewing one up soon!
    Smiles-
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I wanted to go sky-diving and get my pilot's license. Alas, didn't have the money!! I've gone up in a few 2-seater planes and a....I'm blanking out on the name.....the kind that the Red Barron flew! And the pilot let me handle the controls so that was fun. Now that I'm a mom, I wouldn't take any chances like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You received some beautiful things from some wonderful ladies! I love the idea of having monthly swaps! I hope you have a very Happy Birthday Month!!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waving to you from that pink cloud over your house! Did you see it? I flew over in a blink of an eye to see all your very pretty pretties! Did you say you wanted to share? I'll be there! And by the way, YES, I knew you had wings long ago sprinkled with the spice of life...that's my Jill...from your Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, what a lovely package! Snail mail is the best!!! It is so exciting getting something in the mail. Hope your having a lovely start to your week.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where is my neice? Is she busy destashing? crafting? painting? busy with her little babies and the end of the school year? out thrifting? where ever you are, I hope you're having fun! Miss ya. Love ya, XO Aunt Frannie

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!