"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Trip to the ER

Well...that's what happens when you work with wood and sharp tools.

While finishing my last carnival game, I pricked my thumb on some really sharp wood shards. I couldn't see any splinters, but for days it's felt like I've had something stuck inside my thumb. Using a pin and alcohol, I kept picking at it, hoping to find the cause of my now twice-the-sized swelled thumb. No luck.

When I woke up this morning, I found the swelling had just gotten worse. Leaning over the bathroom sink, I squeezed my thumb in hopes of relieving some of the pressure. Instead, I suddenly got sick to my stomach, everything started going black and I fumbled my way into the bedroom to tell Ted I was going to faint. He still sleeping and I was worried about my passing out in front of the kids. Soooo.....he hopped up while I went down!

About 45 minutes later I was in the ER getting a Tetanus shot and prescription for antibiotics.

Since when did doctors get so young? I found myself telling Ted, "The Physician's Assistant was so cute." I'm guessing she wouldn't have taken that as a compliment!

8 comments:

  1. wow! that's so scary..hope you are feeling much better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, woman! Glad you're ok now. Was there metal in the wood?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn girlfriend... that is scary you better me more careful, at least you got to the ER before your whole hand turned green~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jill I'm glad you caught it before it got any worse. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. uh oh! but did they get the splinters out of your thumb?
    take care!!
    happy monday
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what caused this! I never saw any splinter and they refused to cut me. They must have thought I was sadistic, I kept asking them to open it up, but they kept refusing, saying there was no absess and nothing to open. I think I may be having an allergic reaction to the antibiotic! Not sure. Could be a mosquito bite. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, how terrible! I hope it starts feeling better soon. You need your thumbs to do all your crafting, that's for sure!
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Dear Jill!! I will lift you up in prayer! Wish I could come and help you out!! Love you! XO Aunt Frannie

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!