"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Thursday, May 26, 2011

PICK A POP!


MMMMM.....Remember playing Pick-A-Pop at the carnival? The object was to pick out a lollipop and if it had black magic marker on the bottom of the stick, you won a prize. The best part was that even if you didn't win a prize, you still got to keep the lollipop!


I remember winning a stuffed walrus at our local carnival playing this game. The anticipation of slowwwwwwwly lifting the stick out to see that black marker was the best part! I even remember seeing adults actually cheat. They'd lift the lollipop out part-way and then put it back down. Talk about sore losers!


This is the LAST carnival game I made for our Mid-Summer's Festival. I had to wait to show you it while I bought the pops. No specific instructions. I found scrap wood in the basement, red spray paint, polka-dot scrap paper, and vintage silver garland to make it. I think the kids are happier with the results than I am!

5 comments:

  1. I loved that game and had completely forgotten about it! Great job!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you take a ton of pictures of this midsummer night. We've got to see how it all comes together.
    xo,
    Sena
    p.s. I'm back in the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun creation and I love your pretty cottage home:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I am coming to his midsummer night carnival!!!
    Smiles-
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Memorial Day Jill!
    I've got so much catching up to do. XXOO Nan

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!