"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I'm Yer Huckleberry!

Who's up for some good old-fashioned Nurse paper dolls? These are for you to enjoy. I hope you can print them out without any trouble.


I believe these are all from the 30s-40s.


My scanner drives me nuts. It took one page of accessories and saved each item separately so now they're huge. You may have to do some adjusting.


A few people have asked where I've been. I've just been here. This is the time of year where I completely focus on Spring Cleaning. Dusting, mopping, purging, organizing everything in site. I haven't been on the computer much because I need to keep motivated and moving.


Soon I'll be caught up and back to blogging more faithfully.


It's a good thing too because I think I'm going through Blog withdrawal!


In the meantime, I think I'm burning out on carnival games. Though there are several other games I'd like to try to make, I don't think I'll have the time or energy.


I find myself sticking my tongue out at the finished games. Maybe I took on too much too fast.


While excitedly telling my friend about all the games I was making for this party, another woman looked over at me and asked, "Jill, what are you reading?" Ironically, it was called, "Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much." That ranks up there with my reading and nodding my head in agreement to, "Suicide by Sugar" while popping malt balls in my mouth.


So, after spending the morning food shopping (and unclenching my jaw with a tire iron looking at the price increases), I decided the lawn needed mowing. Another two hours later and I started a pan of lasagna while writing to you. Soon, I'll need to pick Mary up from the bus and hopefully, get the kids to eat. Hmmm....wonder if I can do some art journaling?


During all of this, I'm trying to kick the Coke habit. Get your minds out of the gutter! I'm talking about the soda or *pop* as some of you call it. It's times like this I wished I liked coffee or tea.


And although I don't have allergies, the pollen this year is even getting to me. I sneezed so hard yesterday I practically knocked myself over. No kidding. It threw me back two steps. How embarrassing.


But at least the weather's finally been gorgeous. Sunny, 70s, with a cool breeze. Perfect for opening all the windows and airing out the house after a loooonnng winter's nap.


And the fruit! Juicy and scrumpsh!!! I'm so jealous of those of you who live in warmer climates and can buy fresh fruit all year round. Strawberries every morning with Chocolate Cheerios! There's a combination without all the calories.


And when night time approaches, and I lay my wee nappy head down to rest, it becomes clear - today, despite being just a lowly "commoner", today I discovered the Sacred in the Ordinary. And that's a pretty nice thing to find!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, long time no see! This paper doll is so cute! I'm going to save it and make something for my niece who is a nurse. Love all the carnival games you are making too. Hugs and blessings, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack has been missing her Jill for sure.

    First off, sorry the doll clothes were stuffed in the box to make room for other goodies.

    Second...Michaels has little circus type wagons like those Boyd's Bears wagons...back in the unfinished wood area Jill.

    I am still working on your boxes and two other vendors and then I'll be done!

    Your post made me laugh about the sneeze. Been there and done that. I too, am yearning for sun. Those folks that live in area's that have covered porches are so darn lucky.

    Off to make a birthday dinner for Len...by his request! Mac and Cheese and taco's. Sounds like comfort food to me for a 46 yr old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is super cute. Can you just imagine handing a kid paper these days and telling them to play. I used to play for hours on long car rides with paper dolls. This little nurse is darling. Thanks for sharing....Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!