"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Easter Scrumptiousness - Trees & Bunnies!

Spring Fever hit early this year, causing me to fight the winter blahs with some fresh, Easter-inspired scrumptiousness.


Filling a cute bunny tin with a large bottle brush tree, I then just stuffed it with all the colors of Spring.


Blues, greens, yellows, and purple came to mind.


Old mercury glass ornaments, vintage strawberries, purple glass beads for garland, flowers, Easter eggs and glitter. Lots and lots of glitter!


Boy, I've heard of bunnies multiplying, but this is ridiculous!


Aren't they sweet? They stand about 4 inches tall and are needlefelted using alpaca wool. Their faces are all vintage doll heads.


I just had too much fun making these!


My idea was to use pastel colors that resemble the color of Easter eggs.


It wasn't easy saying goodbye to these little cuties as I shipped them off to Jackie's store, Once Upon a Fairyland,. But, it's sweet to think of them sitting among mounds of chocolate and jellybeans in someone's Easter basket.


More to come!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful spring colors!!!! Love your tree and bunnies.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't you fancy!! Way cute bunnies! I just know Jackie is gonna LOVE them! and for sure she'll have to have one!!! Please send me some of your energy girlfriend!!!! Love ya, XO Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at all the little treasures in the tree. And, those vintage bunnies...how cute! glad you signed up for my give away. keeping my fingers crossed for ya.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the bunny dolls! adorable. jackie will be so happy to have them in the store.
    happy weekend!!
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOO CUTE Jill! I posted about these adorable spring treats. Hope I send some new friends your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jill, Thanks for visiting me.Spring colors are my favorite.Your little goodies won't last long in Jackies store.She was kind enough to let me try my hand at being a vender too.Fabric Collage wall hangings.I'm having fun.I really like making them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill those bunnies are to die for!!!! So stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I here by crown you Queen of the Bunny Hop! Easter egg colors come to life at the hard working hands of Jill.
    They are so darn cute. I love your original work and it makes my store the cutest store on the block. Nobody has bunnies like these bunnies!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!