"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!



It's been a long few weeks! Nic had the Croup all last week and last night was screaming that his ear hurt. Luckily, this morning he felt well enough to go back to school and get to take part in his Valentine's party; but back to the doctor at 1:00.

Mary's got surgery tomorrow. She'll have her adenoids taken out and eartubes put back in. She had them when she was a baby and Nic's on his third set, so we feel like pros at this point. But, it's never fun having to put your baby under anesthesia.

The kids were excited this morning about their bags of Valentine goodies and stuffed themselves with chocolate before heading out to school. Ted got me, "Julia and Julia", which he gave to me as an early Valentine's present and I got to watch this weekend with a glass of wine and Girl Scout cookies! It was exactly what I needed after this week!

Hoping you all a Valentine's Day filled with love and friendship!

6 comments:

  1. I used to get pulled from the ICU to recovery, usually outpatient, and took care of many little ones getting tubes. It's the parents who suffer most. The moms would be so distraught. I'd be bringing them tea, while the kids just slept it off. Take care. Everyone will be fine. Aren't we lucky the children can GET tubes? Some children my age actually lost hearing because of infections. That's what I used to tell my patients.

    Happy Valentine's Day. Lots of love to you and your family. Patsye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comment you left for me! Love that you fed your kids candy before school! Got Julie and Julia for Christmas - loved it!!! Well, enough love stuff - hope all goes well with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be keeping Mary in my prayers tomorrow!! And of course you too Jill!! Being a Mom is one of the greatest gifts God can give us, but also one of the hardest to do sometimes!! Give Mary a hug for me!! I have been wanting to see that movie so bad! It was on demand on our cable TV for free, but I just didn't have time to sit down and watch it!! I love that you had Girl Scout cookies with your wine!! And you're the coolest Mom ever, giving them chocolate before school!! Sending you a hug too! Love, Fran. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill I'm holding Mary up in prayer right now!! I will continue to all day! You know what Jill I just every so often sign up for the giveaways! Not constantly, Kaitlin asked me how I seem to win so often. I just replied" I guess it's God!" cuz Jill I never win anything, like the lottery, etc. So I give Him all the glory for it! Plus I get to meet great people like you!!! Love ya, XO Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you today with your little Mary.I just said a prayer for her.My the Lord give you strenghth and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's Day Jill! What a cute one you have shared. I'm glad your son is feeling better and didn't miss the big day at school. Always fun to stop in and see your newest creations. Your Dutch theme is so cute! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!