"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Thursday, February 10, 2011

Gelukkig Paasfeest!

In other words, "Happy Easter!" Dutch-style.


Life has been pulling me in so many different directions these past few weeks. To combat the stress, I've been creating Spring, Easter, and Dutch-themed goodies.


I found this adorable little planter and couldn't take my eyes off it.

Bleaching a bottle brush tree gave me this gorgeous shade of cream, which I then sugared with glitter and adorned with vintage Christmas ornaments, flowers, and sparkly new Easter eggs.


I used a strand of glass "cotton candy" beads as the garland and was thrilled when I found these tiny vintage glass strawberries in my stash! I had forgotten about them so it was like finding buried treasure.


Her face is so cute I could just *smack* it!


Next, I used one of my white cherubs to create another Easter tree.


This time I focused more on the colors aqua, pink, and white as the predominant colors. The angel even has a piece of an old blue necklace around his neck.


If you've never dyed a bottle brush tree before, but would like to, give it a try! It's not difficult. Just be sure to wear gloves during the bleaching process; I discovered that the hard way.


More to come!

9 comments:

  1. Well fancy that!!! Jill how big is your stash? and are you running out of room yet? LOL Just wondering! I posted about Jackie's cutest ever store on my blog! Check it out if you get a chance!! XO Love ya Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill,
    So glad you came by my blog to say hello. Yes, I have already used some of the Ostrich feathers! I`ll post pics later.(Halloween project)!
    I love, love your Easter bunnies! Are they for sale?? I want the pink clog with the bunny and the white bunny.
    Email me and let me know! I love it all~
    Blessings~
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter trees with Dutch theme okay, okay, Jilly, Jilly, your so frilly and silly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling, keep it up.looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    Kim, yes, these will be for sale real soon. But, because I've already committed to selling them through Once Upon a Fairyland, they will be sold through Jackie. I'll email her to let her know you're interested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Jill I am so sorry you didn't see my reply (look down under the post where you announced I won). I should have sent you an email too but AOL has been acting up on my laptop. The ATC is so, so cute :)!
    Now about this little Dutch planter, I LOVE it! Is the tree just those plain green trees they sell for Christmas villages and you bleached it?
    Again, I'm really sorry, I hope you have a Happy Valentines Day, hugs and blessings, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  7. So dang pooped out tonight but I had to get back over here. I don't want to miss a single thing!
    Sent you an email. Found a pair of wee dutch shoes tonight thrifting. I'm getting a box ready to send you...for no reason. Just good STUFF I think you'll like.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!