"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fabby Thrift Store Finds!

The thrift stores and antiquing has been good to us lately. Behold!

1951 Walt Disney "Alice in Wonderland" songbook.


1951 Walt Disney "Peter Pan" songbook.


1941 Instructions for Using Singer Electric Sewing Machine - just $1.00!!!


1969 Fischer Price "Jumping Jack". I remember having one of these at our house!


An old doll in her wedding dress. It looks like a little girl may have taken some scissors to this doll's head, but I'm not sure. I loved her dress! So much detail.


It came with a slip, undies, and the pearl necklace.


My Aunt Margie is sort of a self-taught doll expert. I'll have to ask her about this.


I found a bag of these cute little vintage doll clothes hangers.


Some have the little baby on the top.


Have you ever seen "The Bumper Book"? I've mentioned it in a few blogs. I came across one last summer and fell in love with the old images of children and animals.


The one I bought was made in the 1930s, but is really beat up. I'm almost afraid to open it for fear of ripping it.


So, I've kept my eyes peeled for similar Bumper Books. I bought this one recently at a used book store. I paid $20 for it, but considering I see this same one being sold on Ebay for close to $100, I thought it was a good price!


If you're drawn to this type of artwork, you might have alot of fun searching for your own Bumper Book. I've seen them on both Ebay and Etsy.


Scrapbooking, journaling, making chunky books, ATCs, art journals, greeting cards, tags, junque journals.....and endless amount of ideas for such cute pictures.


I found this tiny thing and it looks like it's from the 60s or 70s? Does anyone know the name of her?


My daughter, Mary was considering a circus-theme for her birthday in April so when I saw this set of vintage clowns, I had to grab them. Of course, she changed her mind about the circus-theme, but maybe for Nic's birthday.


Some older, unused cards I picked up for 50 cents each, including a set of Mary Engelbreit invitations from the 1980s.


How about this vintage Barbie vanity and chair? I hate it when dolls have nicer things than I do.


And a cute little tricycle dated 1967. It had a name on the tag, but Mary ripped it off before I had time to really look at it. I think it may have said something like, "Tiny Tots."


Mary's surgery went well, but it left a very emotionally depleted mommy.

Ooooooo! I made my very first home-made Italian Wedding Soup last night. That, with thick French bread and lots of butter was the epitome of comfort food. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com if you're ever interested in trying it yourself.

10 comments:

  1. Those are some AMAZING finds! Love the Barbie vanity! I will have to keep my eyes open for such great things next time I got out thrifting!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What a great collection of new treasures to enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heavens! You hit the jackpot, sister! I love, love, love the Alice in wonderland songbook, the doll and her beautiful dress, the hangers, the barbie vanity and that awesome tricycle. Is the little doll a kiddle?
    here is an ebay link w/ similar dolls.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Big-lot-KIDDLE-/280629254637?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4156ce99ed#ht_500wt_1156
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun finds,thrift shopping is so relaxing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People drive from all over the country to shop in PA. You do have the best thrift shops, and the best antique shops, in America. Good for you. Lucky you! I'm a tiny bit jealous..... I wish I lived up there. Patsye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jill,
    Love all the fabulous vintage goodies! I`ve been so busy I forgot to get with you about the Blue bunny in the pink shoe. The one with the bunny painted on it. Do you still have it?
    Posted better photos on my blog showing my finished projects. Could you tell I was tired when I took those other photos?? Ugh...
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Blessings~
    Kim
    P.S. I hope the children are feeling better. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad Mary's surgery went well!
    You really did have a good junking day!
    Smiles-
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you did find the best stuff! Everything was great! I think I am going to spend time on youtube this weekend watching women tear paper:) Have a wonderful weekend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay...there you go again with the cutest stuff! Your area is just blooming with yummy treats. I can't stand it Jill. Cute is surrounding us in such a magical way!
    The little trike is a Tippy Toes trike...I think!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your daughter did well with her surgery-I didn't read what she had done. I had my appendix out on Jan. 18th. Whew, not fun this time of year.
    What a haul of some great goodies! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!