"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Thursday, December 2, 2010

In The Meadow We Can Build a Snowman!


Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! It's Cold as the Dickens here in Bucks County!


Of course, the chill on my nose inspired me to sculpt this icy creation.


He wears a top hat taken from my stash of old doll clothes. I embellished it with a wool band and pink paper rose. A long wool scarf is around his neck. He couldn't leave home without his earmuffs. Of course, I added lots of glitter to make him sparkle.


He's carrying flowers in his hands to give to his special someone. They're vintage flowers of course! I sprinkled some glitter onto his pink rose.


Ladies Beware - snowmen are known to melt your heart!

6 comments:

  1. He is a cutie! His icy base is so perfect and he looks great shot against that pretty blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet Jill!
    I posted pics of your spool and trees and linked to your blog and etsy.
    I LOVE my tree! Check it out and see what you think! (Thank you so much for the blue one)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute guy!!! NIce work!!!!

    We must be cut from the same cloth...definitely not a minimalist!!! How can you choose just one thing???? Everything has a memory attached to it....

    To answer your questions.....have arthiritis in my hands, last year I Had a bout of tennis elbow they call it, which it is really tendonitis. IT is in my right arm, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, you name it!!! IT finally went away and was able to resume crafting, sewing etc......until October this year when it returned, must be the onset of the cold weather. Then I Fell down in the middle of the night and smashed my shoulder against the wall, and everything has gotten much worse...I fear a damaged rotator cuff. So, am using pain meds, and a heating pad, and trying to rest it up, but no luck there....and being stubborn, have not gone to the dr's. because I have no med. insurance. I cannot pick up anything small like a needle and thread, the pain is excrutiating. and when resting, the whole arm freezes up so have to keep moving it around. Very painful to sleep at night......so ther is my story!!!! Old age is not a pretty sight!!!

    You may have the same tendonitis, check it out on Google and see. We are having icy temps also up here in Webster, N.Y......a white Christmas is on the way....take care.....cleo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never could resist a man bearing flowers! His face is so charming, and he's another example of your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jill...I'm THRILLED for you that you are selling now on Etsy. I have figure that out myself. I'd like to do the same thing with a Once Upon a Fairyland line...
    I need to figure out how to buy on it too...I have my eye on yours, the gnomes....good grief, I could go broke knowing you!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!