"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Friday, October 15, 2010

I'M CANCER FREE!!!!!!

God Bless the workers of St. Mary Hospital who called me at 6:00 pm on a Friday night, to let me know my Biopsy was completely normal and I don't have cancer!

I know, I haven't written about any of this. My own family members who read this are going to be pretty surprised I guess. I purposely choose to make this blog my "Happy Place". Negativity is not invited here. BUT, since this the BEST NEWS I've heard in a long time, I have to share!

If you've read my last few posts, you know all the gory details of my last mammogram. Well, thank God I had it done, because they did find something, requiring me to have a second mammo and then a Biopsy, which I just had 3 days ago. The past 2 weeks have been filled with tears, worry, fear, and exhaustion. Then, the one phone call put it all to rest.

This past year, my family has been through two major ordeals. I purposely chose not to add to their anxiety by telling them about this. Keeping it to myself was a high price to pay though. The constant "thinking" was draining me. I couldn't turn my mind off. Then the hospital called and said, "Jill, you're FINE!" Next to hearing my babies' first cries, I don't know if I ever heard such a beautiful sound!

To the few I confided in, thank you so much for your words of encouragement and prayers. I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer and know God heard them! And thank you GOD for showing Your mercy on me and hearing the cries of a mother desperately wanting to live if for no other reason, than to raise her children.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Jill what a wonderful relief!!!! Stay strong.

    Hugs to you!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill that is such wonderful news! Three cheers for health, peach of mind and family!
    Amanda
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, I am so happy for you! Praise the Lord! I totally understand your not telling your family about it. I am the same way. I always think why worry them if I don't have to. I am so glad that you are cancer free. By the way, yes, we did make the chain out of sparkly pipe cleaners. We plan to do another one for Christmas with a tutorial so be sure to watch for that. Have a wonderful weekend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news Jill!
    Blessings to you and your family!

    ~ Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, I was just stopping by to say hello, and am delighted by this post! This is a happy day! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love you. Wipe your tears, it's gonna be all okay.
    Continue on the journey with me, were in this together girlfriend.
    ~Jacqueline~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waving from Chester County! I came from Donna's blog.
    I am so happy for you as I can so relate going through this same procedure almost 3 yrs ago. I had the microcalifications in the left top. All that waiting was so hard. Getting one every year is still a bit scary. Next on the agenda-a colonoscopy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh praise the Lord Jill!! I kept checking my email!! I am giving God praise for His love He gives to us!! He always has a plan!! Keep looking upwards dear friend!! I love ya, XO Fran.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!