"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Monday, September 20, 2010

Dontcha Love Retro Storybooks?!

Nothing compares to the special effects and graphics that we have today. It's beyond amazing what modern technology can do. But ya know, sometimes my over-stimulated eyes and brain crave the simplicity of the sweet and simple.

I recently came across two children's books from 1968. The first one is, "The Gingham Dog and the Calico Cat."








The second book is, "Wynken, Blynken, and Nod." I actually have some wooden Dutch shoes stored away (doesn't everybody?!) I may have to make my own version of this story! That would be fun!







Soon I'll be sharing vintage goodies like this on my Etsy shop. For now, it's just fun to share!

3 comments:

  1. Love the Shop! I have two Shops, one for Vintage and one for my handmade goodies, i sure do love the old graphics too! oxox, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I actually prefer the look of the vintage! I have missed you! I am back on the blog wagon! I am staying put and not roaming for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that was so sweet, my friend Jill read me two vintage bedtime stories before bed...one of the reasons I love her so...
    Tomorrow...I'm heading for a peek at your Etsy shop! Did I tell you I start my new job at Michaels tomorrow? Now, I'm in deep trouble...pass the coupons please!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!