"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Thursday, August 5, 2010

Getting Ready for Halloween

I've been hit with the Autumn Harvest Bug so everything I touch now has elements of the Fall. I was so excited to finally break out my Halloween fabric!



Hand-carving wooden pumpkins and needle-felting Halloween characters have been my driving force lately.



Currently, I'm working on a Circus-themed piece. So far, I needle-felted a wool clown and have him riding a tiger. Originally, I wanted an elephant, but the orange and black stripes of the tiger were perfect colors for Halloween.



I found some "Boyds Bears" circus wagons at my local thrift store that I knew I HAD to have! After painting and decorating this one for Halloween, I added a sign on both sides advertising an up-coming Halloween Costume Contest. So far, I've got a clown, a witch, and a mummy entering the contest.



This clown was so fun to make, I may have to make some more!



Some people shake their head at all my supplies, but I say, you have to have the right tools for the job.



Here's a little elf waiting for a home. Patience, little guy. I'll find a place for you yet.



I'm envisioning this paper clay jack o'lantern painted a deep orange and wearing a black robe.



I didn't realize how much Halloween trim I had until I dug through this old hat box. Rediscovering supplies is half the fun!



Can't wait to show you the finished piece!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are getting some energy back!!!! I love the circus and I want to learn felting. Is it hard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, but you are the smart one to be woking on fall crafts already! You have a lovely blog and I've enjoyed visiting it today.

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a load of cool halloween fabric`you have there. I love your Halloween art so far, can't wait to see more. You are so creative, I am amazed at how you can take an item and see a completly different use for it. etsy yet?

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!