"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fall Harvest Tussie Mussie

For the past 5 days, I've been stuck home with 2 feverish children. For self-preservation, I started creating Fall decorations.



This tussie-mussie was made from rolled up cardstock covered in Halloween fabric. I then used green trim to line the top and added an old burnt-orange button. Feeling satisfied with how it looked, I looped "fun fur" around the top of the cone to be used as a hanger, and attached a sparkly black pom-pom to the bottom.



The cone was filled with fragrant home-dried apples and oranges, tiny pinecones, faux leaves, and scented cinnamon sticks. Finally a vintage Halloween image of a child was tucked deep inside.



Taking care of sick kids, sleep deprivation, cabin fever, and being sick myself, left me feeling completely depleted. Making a simple Victorian cone brought me some much needed peace and genuine happiness.

Remember, in order to be good to others, we need to be good to ourselves.

4 comments:

  1. Jill, you've chosen such a perfect mix to fill this adorable cone! Hard to believe it's Fall crafting time already! Hope you and the crew are feeling better soon.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sweet! You love fall don't you!?!? Poor kids! Hope they feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill, just back from vacation and checking in! I am so sorry you guys are sick!! It's to humid and hot for that!! Your tussie-mussie rocks!! You are so talented!! I too love Fall and am so ready for it!! Get better, give the kids a hug for me, I'll say a prayer for you guys. Love, Fran. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the kids are feeling better, and glad you were able to find some sanity in the midst of that. :)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!