"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Friday, August 6, 2010

Do You Ever Stick Your Tongue Out at Your Work?

Have you ever had one of those days where try as you might, what you're working on just fights you tooth and nail? So you put it down and walk away from it, yet like the very mature "grown-up" that you are, you wind up sticking your tongue out at it every time you walk by?

You can feeeeel it taunting you, "Come finish me! I'll cooperate this time; you'll see. Really. TRUST ME!"

Like Eve biting into the forbidden fruit, I pick it up again, knowing deep in my heart I shouldn't. The temptation is too great. As crazy as it sounds, I would swear the paper clay face I sculpted suspiciously changed from smiling at me to smirking.

OK, I may be exaggerating for dramatic effect, but you get the idea!

3 comments:

  1. Sticking my tongue out at some of my projects would be one of the nicer gestures I would do!!! LOL! I do love the way you write and I am such an Eve too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, not every project reaches completion. Some things definitely can't be forced! Which explains my bin of partial creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill! I stick my tongue out while I work! Such a cute post. I have had such fun catching up on your posts as I peek in between blogging breaks. Your Halloween circus is inspired! The clown on the tiger wonderful! I love your Headless Horseman, and there is something I can't put my finger on that tells me I covet those fuzzy Christmas fruit you found. I especially am stopping by to tell you what an unexpected and happy surprise your gift of your tags is to me. Jill, they are so sweet, and I can't believe you are parting with them. I think each is cuter than the next. I will have fun finding spots for them in my craft room. Please should you regret this kind gesture, let me know. They seem too special to part with. Again, thank you so very much! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!